What is Web Application?
A Web application (Web app) is an application program that is stored on a remote server and delivered over the Internet through a browser interface.
web application is a computer program that utilizes web browsers and web technology to perform tasks over the Internet.
How it Works?
In computing, a web application or web app is a client–server software application in which the client (or user interface) runs in a web browser.
Advantages over Web Applications:
- Web applications run on multiple platforms regardless of OS or device as long as the browser is compatible.
- All users access the same version, eliminating any compatibility issues.
- They are not installed on the hard drive, thus eliminating space limitations.
- They reduce software piracy in subscription-based web applications. (i.e. SaaS)
- They reduce costs for both the business and end user as there is less support and maintenance required by the business and lower requirements for the end user’s computer.